1.1. The number of sick days due to colds and flu last year was recorded by a sample of 15 adults. The data are: 5 7 0 3 15 6 5 9 3 8 10 5 2 0 12 Compute the mean, median, and mode. 2.2. Suppose that you bought a stock 6 years ago at $12. The stock’s price at the end of each year is shown here Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 Price 10 14 15 22 30 25 a. Compute the rate of return for each year. b. Compute the mean and median of the rates of return. c. Compute the geometric mean of the rates of return. d. Explain why the best statistic to use to describe what happened to the price of the stock over the 6-year period is the geometric mean.3.3. Examine the three samples listed here. Without performing any calculations, indicate which sample has the largest amount of variation and which sample has the smallest amount of variation. Explain how you produced your answer. a. 17 29 12 16 11 b. 22 18 23 20 17 c. 24 37 6 39 294.4. A set of data whose histogram is bell shaped yields a mean and standard deviation of 50 and 4, respectively. Approximately what proportion of observations a. are between 46 and 54? b. are between 42 and 58? c. are between 38 and 62?5. Compute the interquartile range from the following data. 5 8 14 6 21 11 9 10 18 26. Draw the box plot of the following set of data.9 28 15 21 12 22 29 20 23 31 11 19 24 16 136.7. The covariance of two variables has been calculated to be -150. What does the statistic tell you about the relationship between the two variables?8. A retailer wanted to estimate the monthly fixed and variable selling expenses. As a first step she collected data from the past 8 months. The total selling expenses (in $thousands) and the total sales (in $thousands) were recorded and listed below. Total Sales Selling Expenses 20 14 40 16 60 18 50 17 50 18 55 18 60 18 70 20 a. Compute the covariance and the coefficient of determination and describe what these statistics tell you. b. Determine the least squares line and use it to produce the estimates the retailer wants.9. Describe the concept that you had the most difficulty understanding. How does it apply to being a manager in your chosen field?Record your answers to these questions in a Word document and submit as described below.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.