A quaint but well-established coffee shop, the Hot New Cafe, wants to build a new cafe for increased capacity. Expected sales are $800,000 for the first 5 years. Direct costs including labor and materials will be 50% of sales. Indirect costs are estimated at $100,000 a year. The cost of the building for the new cafe will be a total of $750,000, which will be depreciated straight line over the next 5 years. The firm’s marginal tax rate is 37%, and its cost of capital is 12%.For this assignment, you need to develop a capital budget. It is important to know what the cafe managers should consider within their capital budget. You must also define the key terms necessary to understand capital budgeting. In this assignment, please show all work, including formulae and calculations used to arrive at financial values. You must answer the following:Using the information in the assignment description: Prepare a capital budget for the Hot New Cafe with the net cash flows for this project over a 5-year period. (EXCEL) Calculate the payback period (P/B) and the net present value (NPV) for the project. (EXCEL) Answer the following questions based on your P/B and NPV calculations: Do you think the project should be accepted? Why? Define and describe Net Present Value (NPV) as it pertains to the new cafe. Define payback period. Assume the company has a P/B (payback) policy of not accepting projects with life of over 3 years. Do you think the project should be accepted? Why? Include the following:A double-spaced, two-page Word document that contains answers to the word questions. Include a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for your calculations. Word document or the Excel spreadsheet must have all of your calculation values, your complete calculations, any formulae that you used, the sources you wish to cite, and your answers to the questions listed in the assignment guidelines.
Capital Budgeting in Word and Excel with calculations
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.