1. A hydrogen atom in a certain excited state has its electron in a 5f subshell. The electron drops down to the 3d subshell, releasing a photon in the process.a) For each of these subshells, give the n and l quantum numbers, and give the range of possible ml quantum numbers.b)How many radial nodes and how many angular nodes does each of the orbitals in part (a) have?c)Determine the wavelength of light that would be emitted by this process.d) The hydrogen atom now has a single electron in the 3d subshell. Calculate the energy (in kJ/mol) required to ionize this (excited state) hydrogen atom. This is the energy required to remove the electron completely from the atom.2. The photoelectric binding energy of cesium is 183.7 kJ/mol. Light having a wavelength of 2.4 ×10–7m falls upon a cesium surface in an evacuated tube. Calculate the minimum deBroglie wavelength of the emitted photoelectrons3. For each of the following orbitals, provide a sketch of the orbital in the Cartesian x,y z coordinate system that clearly shows the shape and orientation of the orbital. Determine the number of angular nodes and the number of radial nodes in the orbital, and describe where any angular nodes are located. (For instance, the 2px orbital has an angular node in the yz plane)a) 1sb) 3pxc) 3dx2y2d) 3dxz4. Write electron configurations and count the number of unpaired electrons in:O, Si, Ni, I, Ir, Bi, Gd
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.