. In response to your classmates, offer some other solutions to the global societal issue that weren’t already addressed. Participation responses to peers must be a minimum of 75 words.Identify the global societal issue you have chosen to research for your Final Argumentative Essay and explain why further research on this topic is important.I chose to do my essay on closing the digital divide. I believe that this topic requires further research because technology is growing every day and it is affecting all ages. I decided to focus on how the divide is influencing education because I believe that schools can put a huge dent in the division. The digital divide is not just the gap between those with and without Internet; it is those without technological skills, those without digital literacy skills, and those who are using technology incorrectly. Schools, in collaboration with their communities, can work together to provide access and education in order to build up success in their area. This research can go on to help close the divide in other countries as well.Provide a clear and concise thesis statement that includes a solution to the global societal issue.Educators play a large role in closing the digital divide and provide the tools for their students to prepare for a technological future.Explain how this global societal issue impacts a specific population. This issue impacts every population, but I decided to focus on the U.S. There are many people in America that either chooses not to utilize technology and there are many people who simply do not have access where they live. There is also a need for schools and communities to help teach youth and adults how to properly use technology. This is keeping students from being able to complete assignments at home and keeping adults from growing in many literacy skills. In concerns to students, it is important for them to learn the skills that will help them grow in their education and careers.Locate a peer-reviewed scholarly source and provide statistical data that you found surprising on the topic. One statistic that stood out to me was that, in 2015, 33 million households (27%) did not use the internet at home. One-fifth of the nation’s households (26 million) were offline entirely (McHenry, et al., 2016). The numbers change constantly, but it is still surprising that even our country struggles so much with the digital divide. It is important that every country works on this issue, but it is also important to break things down and realize what small things can be done in order to narrow the gap.References:McHenry, G., Carlson, E., Lewis, M., Goldberg, R. M., Goss, J., & Chen, C. (2016). The Digital Divide Is Closing, Even as New Fissures Surface. TPRC 44: The 44th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy 2016, 1-27.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.