Health Law, Ethics Using the facts below, three alternate sources related to patient consent, which can include your text book and the ACHE Code of Ethics; please prepare at least a 4 page paper adhering to APA Format guidelines. Please answer the questions at the end of the fact pattern within your paper: Case Lorenzo Gonzales, a newly arrived immigrant from Cuba, was brought into a New Jersey community hospital’s emergency room with severe abdominal pains. After an examination, lab work, and a CT scan, it was determined that he required emergency exploratory surgery. Mr. Gonzales, who spoke no English was presented with a series of consent papers to sign. The hospital’s translator was unavailable. Out of frustration because of the pressure to get Mr. Gonzales into surgery, one of the nurses who had a rudimentary command of Spanish told Mr. Gonzales the following, “Es necesario que firme estos documentos antes de operar,” which means, it is necessary for you to sign these papers before we operate. Mr. Gonzales signed. Unfortunately the surgery went poorly; Mr. Gonzales went into coronary arrest during surgery and died. His estate is suing the hospital, and one of their claims is that he failed to give informed consent. Questions: 1) What does the doctrine of informed consent require?2) Was the nurse out of line by saying what she did to Mr. Gonzales?3) Who is likely to prevail in this legal issue?4) How can this problem be minimized in the future? 5) In addition to inform consent, were there any other ethical or legal violations?6) As a future Healthcare Administrator, please use the ACHE Code Ethics, and outline what corrective measures you would require of this organization.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.