(Note: In order to complete the assignment, the use of the I-MAGIC tool (Interactive Map-Assisted Generation of ICD Codes) is required. To access the I-MAGIC tool, click on the following https://imagic.nlm.nih.gov/imagic/code/map)The development of maps between terminologies and classifications will not eliminate administrative coding or the need for expertise in code selection. Fully automating the process of mapping from a reference terminology to a classification system is challenging because of the inherent differences between them. The mapping process is straightforward when the source terminology and the target match up. When more information is needed to express the concept in the target a methodology to bring in contextual information to further refine the map output must be defined.Problems and diagnoses can be recorded in SNOMED CT in the EHR, while the cross mappings to ICD-10-CM can be used to assist with the reimbursement process. For example: The physician documents that the patient has congestive heart failure using a lexicon linked to SNOMED CT in the problem list. When the HIM coding professional accesses their application to concurrently code the patient’s diagnosis they would see the congestive heart failure entry with the ICD-10-CM code which is mapped to this SNOMED CT concept. The coder could then accept, reject or modify the code list to be used for reimbursement purposes.Assignment: Create a Mapping Table Part I: Read about ICD-10 construction in the AHIMA article:http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_038084.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_038084Part II: Go to https://imagic.nlm.nih.gov/imagic/code/map and familiarize yourself with the I-MAGIC (Interactive Map-Assisted Generation of ICD Codes) tool. Create a table to map the following diagnoses from SNOMED to ICD-10-CM. Keep in mind some of the codes may have a one-to-many relationship. Be sure to include any accompanying ICD Notes within your table, for the following diagnoses listed below.Acute Respiratory acidosisChronic otitis media; unspecified ear Failure to thrive; childFracture of thoracic spine; unspecifiedNontoxic diffuse goiterEssential hypertension
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.