1. SNOMED Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT) is the most comprehensive, multilingual clinical healthcare terminology in the world. SNOMED CT contributes to the improvement of patient care by underpinning the development of electronic health records (EHRs), which record clinical information in ways that enable meaning-based retrieval. This provides effective access to information required for decision support and consistent reporting and analysis. Patients benefit from the use of SNOMED CT because it improves the recording of EHR information and facilitates better communication, leading to improvements in the quality of care.SNOMED CT is owned, maintained and distributed by the International Health Terminology Standard Development Organization (IHTSDO) (http://www.ihtsdo.org/snomed-ct/snomed-ct-lookup-service), which is a not-for-profit association which is owned and governed by its national members. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), SNOMED CT is an extensive clinical terminology that was formed by the merger, expansion, and restructuring of SNOMED RTÂ® (Reference Terminology) and the United Kingdom National Health Service (NHS) Clinical Terms (also known as the Read Codes). It is the most comprehensive clinical vocabulary available in English (or any language). SNOMED CT is concept-oriented and has an advanced structure that meets most accepted criteria for a well-formed, machine-readable terminology. It has been designated as a US standard for electronic health information exchange in Interoperability Specifications produced by the Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel and has also been adopted for use by the US Federal Government, through the Consolidated Health Informatics (CHI) Initiative, for several clinical domains.View the quick Jing tutorial on navigating the SNOMED CT online encoder. http://screencast.com/t/VIZRLbZhqSrThe National Cancer Institute provides free access to online coding with SNOMED CT. Click on the link http://nciterms.nci.nih.gov click on the SNOMED CT: Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine-Clinical Terms link, and click to accept the conditions associated with using the web site.Enter the following medical terms (one at a time) in the search box, and click on the Search button. Select the most appropriate code and record your answers:Kidney failure, due to wrong medication givenAsthma, due to smokingPancreatitis, due to fatty dietMigraine, with aura > 3 daysDysentery, due to amoebic infectionBlindness, unilateralContact dermatitis, due to touching a papayaLiver failure, due to alcoholismPneumonia, gram negative bacteriaGun shot, abdominal injuries2. Discussion.As a continuation of SNOMED assignment above , analyze the data displayed at each website(http://nciterms.nci.nih.gov) and post a 250 word count statement. Your post to the given topic of discussion should contain a minimum of 2–3 peer-reviewed reference using APA format.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.