30 multiple choices questions.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Choose the single best answer:
1. In which approach of data warehousing, the transaction data is partitioned into
• Dimensional approach
• Normalized approach
• Operational approach
• None of the above
2. What is a data mart?
• it is the collection of data in data warehouse
• it is a subset of the data warehouse and is usually oriented to a specific business
line or team
• it is the process of extracting patterns from large data sets
• it is the process of extracting data
3. The active data warehouse architecture includes which of the following?
• At least one data mart
• Data that can extracted from numerous internal and external sources
• Near real-time updates
• All of the above
4. The load and index is which of the following?
• A process to reject data from the data warehouse and to create the necessary
• A process to load the data in the data warehouse and to create the necessary
• A process to upgrade the quality of data after it is moved into a data warehouse
• A process to upgrade the quality of data before it is moved into a data warehouse
5. Fact tables are?
6. A goal of data mining includes which of the following?
• To explain some observed event or condition
• To confirm that data exists
• To collect data for some reasons
• To create a new data warehouse
7. In ETL, the extract process is which of the following?
• Capturing all the data contained in various windows systems.
• Capturing a subset of the data contained in various operational systems.
• Capturing all of the data contained in various decision support systems
• Capturing a subset of the data contained in various decision support systems
8. Data in………………systems are typically fragmented and inconsistent.
• data warehouse
• decision support
• d expert
9. …………………. data mart draws data from a central data warehouse that has
already been created. It allows users to unite organization’s data in one data
10. Analysis Services supports three types of actions: report actions, standard and
• drill through.
• c, database.
• d data warehouse.
11. At which granularity level should facts be stored in the multidimensional model?
lowest (finest) granularity.
highest coarsest) granularity
12. A………………. key is any column or set of columns that can be declared as the
primary key instead of a real key. It is not derived from application data.
13. What is an efficient index structure for attributes with low cardinality?
14. A……………………..area, or landing zone, is an intermediate storage area used
for data processing during the extract, transform and load (ETL) process
• data flow
15. ………………….. reflect expectations about what can happen in the future,
measure performance before the business or process result starts to follow a
particular pattern or trend.
16. A …………… specify how a table or index can be partitioned.
• partition scheme
• partition function
• partition scheme
17. As a data mining technique, …………. allocates a set of objects in a database
different predefined classes according to a model built on the attributes of these
• supervised classification
• unsupervised classification:
• decision tree
18. In ELT ………… means that the data is extracted completely, there’s no need to
keep track of changes to the data source since the last success extraction.
19. A ………. returns rows from the left side of the predicate for which there are no
corresponding rows on the right side of the predicate. It returns rows that fail to match
• b. anti-join
• d. full join
• left join
• e. right join
20. ………… define the processes the system should perform as a part of supporting
a user task, or information the system should provide as the user performs a task
• Non-functional Requirements
• System Requirements
• Functional Requirements
• Project Requirements
21. The main purpose of a…………… is to serve as an agreement between the
developer and the users/customers on what the system will do. It includes
requirements that meet all characteristics of requirements.
22. In Dimensional Modeling, ………. contains classification and aggregation
information about the central fact rows. It contains attributes that describe the
data warehouse table
23. One characteristic of data warehousing is ……………, it means that data
warehouses must place data from different sources into a consistent form.
• Object oriented
• Time variant
24. …………….. is a data about data? In a data warehouse. It describes the contents
of a data warehouse and the manner of its use.
• Source code
25. A fact is …………..if it makes sense to add across all the dimensions. E.g,
discrete numerical measures of activities., quantity sold. dollars soled
26. A …………… dimension is a dimension key in the fact table that does not have
its own dimension’s table, because all the interesting attributes have been placed
in analytic dimensions
27. Three fundamental Fact Table Grains include transaction grain, periodic
snapshot grain and ………………… grain.
• accumulating snapshot
28. …………… table contain only dimensional keys and it can be used to represent
business processes that do not generate quantifiable measurements
• fact less fact
29. …………….. is a server-based report generating software system from
Microsoft. It is part of suite of Microsoft SQL Server services
SOL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS
SQL server Integration Services (SSIS)
SQL Server Performance Services(SSPS)
30. In SSAS, A ……….. is a multidimensional structure that contains information for
analytical purposes; the mail constituents of structure are dimensions and
measures. After we deploy this structure, the data is viewable on the browser
Purchase answer to see full