. It is your first week in the lab and you are given the task of modifying insulin to make it more hydrophilic by modifying one or more of its amino acids. You notice there are several serine amino acids in the structure of insulin. Show all work.Show the chemical reaction for the oxidation of serine to form the amino acid aspartic acid. Look up the reagent that could be used for this reaction (citation). (5 pts)You need to make up 50 mL a 0.25 M solution of the oxidizing reagent used in part A to perform the reaction. Show the calculations and describe the procedure for making up this solution. (5 pts)Why would this reaction make insulin more hydrophilic? (5 pts)Would you have to be concerned with forming and geometric isomers in converting serine to aspartic acid? Explain your answer. (5 pts)
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.