“Self-driving” cars hold the promise of being safer and more fuel-efficient than today’s manually driven cars. However, they also introduce some challenging ethical issues. Since accidents will still occur, these cars must be programmed to deal with different types of accident situations. Consider this hypothetical scenario: One day in the not-too-distant future, you are sitting in your self-driving car cruising down a city street. Suddenly two cars full of passengers in front of you have a mild accident. Your car quickly steers aside to avoid crashing into these vehicles (which likely would have resulted in multiple deaths). However, now your car is careening directly toward a bystander on the sidewalk. There is no time to brake. The car has only two options: (1) hit the bystander, which will likely kill this person, or (2) steer into a wall, which will likely kill you. In your essay, you should answer the following three questions: (1) What is hedonistic act-utilitarianism? (2) What does hedonistic act-utilitarianism imply about how a self-driving car should be programmed for the above kind of situation? Explain why hedonistic act-utilitarianism has this implication. (3) Is the hedonistic act-utilitarian response the correct ethical response to this type of situation? Provide a justification for your answer. (If you agree with hedonistic act-utilitarianism, then you should anticipate and respond to objections that might be raised.)All three questions combined should be 600 words. Do not be repetive
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.