(1) Suppose you want to design a poll to predict the outcome of the presidentialelections. Explain how you would sample the population for the poll. Saywhat type of sample would you use and explain specically how you woulddesign such a sample. Explain why such a sample is the appropriate onefor this situation.(2) After describing your honest poll explain how a dishonest pollster can designa poll that might look fair but is likely to produce a result that they prefer.(3) Consider a monthly sample of the water temperature in the Pacic oceanin a calendar year measured in celsius degrees.f 7: 2; 6: 7; 7: 3; 7: 3; 7: 7; 8: 2; 10: 1; 11: 3; 11: 2; 10: 0; 8: 8; 7: 5g What is the variance and standard deviation of this sample. Based onyour calculation would you consider a measurement of 5 degrees unusual ?would a measurement of 11.5 degrees be more or less likely in your opinion?Explain your reasoning.(4) Consider the list of annual rates of growth of an olive tree expressed inpercentiles.f 5; 4: 5; 4: 3; 5: 6; 3: 6g What would be the size of an olive tree which was 1 meter tall after 5 yearsof these growth rates ? (hint: after the rst year the height of the treewould be 1: 05 meters.)Express the growth rates in multiplicative factors. That is, the rst yearthe height of the tree is multiplied by 1.05 because it grows by 5%. Takethe geometric mean of the multiplicative growth rates. Why is that meanappropriate for this situation ?
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.