“Upgrading to SQL 2012” Imagine that you are a Database Administrator and your company is upgrading from SQL 2008 to 2012. Review the Technet article titled, “Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2012” located at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=sql.110).aspx. Then, outline the steps required to upgrade from SQL 2008 to 2012.Suggest three (3) potential installation issues when upgrading from SQL 2008 to 2012. Then, recommend the way(s) to mitigate each. “Command Line and PowerShell” According to the reading, it is important to become familiar with the command prompt. Explain when the PIPE command and the Redirect commands are used within a database. Give your opinion on whether or not you will use the command line when working with a database. Provide a rationale for your response. Read the article titled “PowerShell the SQL Server Way” located at http://sqlmag.com/powershell/powershell-sql-server-way. Give your opinion on whether you would use the PowerShell tools or a graphical user interface to manage a database. Provide justification for your response. “Views and Indexes” Suppose you are a database administrator (DBA) for a small organization with five (5) SQL Servers. The Vice President of Operation is requesting access to the weekly sales report and should be the only person able to view the entire table; however, each division must be able to access basic information from the same table. Decide whether you are going to create an index or non-indexed view, and determine whether or not performance issues are a concern in its creation. Justify your reasoning.Compare and contrast covering index, non-clustered index and clustered indexes. Describe the ways that these types of indexes effect databases performance. Based on the information about indexes, provide an opinion on which index would be best used to improve performance. Justify your answer. “Jobs and Monitoring” Imagine you are a DBA who manages fifteen (15) SQL servers. Determine three (3) tasks that could automate the process of maintaining a SQL server by creating a job. Outline how the three (3) tasks would affect performance and justify creating them as a job.Users are complaining that it is taking longer to process their query results. You decide to create a performance monitor to determine the status of the SQL server. Outline three (3) performance counters that could be used, and justify the reasoning for using each.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.