1.5PAGESAPA2REFSociology Essay VERY EASY*****NO PLAGIARISM PLEASE. WILL RESULT IN A WITHDRAWAL******For this extra credit assignment, view the TED Talk below. All too frequently, women who are victims of domestic violence are often thought of as ‘liking’ a life of domestic violence, otherwise, why would they stay in a violent relationship? I co-taught a domestic violence training several years ago for a large group of social service professionals and we asked this question, “Why do you think women stay in violent relationships.” Several people in the training audience suggested that women who stay must like it because there are so many services and programs available to help them leave. For this assignment, use your sociological imagination to discuss the topic of ‘why women stay’. Remember that C.W. Mills’ “sociological imagination” focuses on the capability of making a connection of personal troubles to larger and unavoidable public issues. This term is a kind of outlook on the world that allows one to look beyond the circumstances of the individual and see the effects of larger historical and social factors (Mills, 1959: The Promise). Also include two (2) of the four (4) sociological perspectives from this course (Functionalist, Conflict, Symbolic Interactionism and Feminist) to further support the points made using the sociological imagination. End your discussion by proposing a solution you feel might work, supporting Leslie Morgan Steiner’s proposed solution, or you could discuss/critique solutions that are already in place.Please type this extra-credit using 12-font, double-spaced, between 1 ½ and no more than 2-pages in length. Save in Microsoft Word or PDF, and submit via the extra credit tab in the extra credit folder. Include your name, the course name, and page numbers on your document as well as referencing the Leslie Morgan Steiner Ted Talk, the course text and other course materials as well as any additional resources you refer to. Additionally, please provide two resources with 24-hour hotlines for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault.Your work should be free of misspelled words and it should be grammatically correct. All ideas that are not your own original ideas should be cited within the text and references (our text and any video, documentary, course material, or other work used) should be listed on an additional page. Please be sure to address each section of this question for full points.Leslie Morgan Steiner: Why domestic violence victims don’t leavehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1yW5IsnSjo (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Published on Jan 25, 2013Leslie Morgan Steiner was in “crazy love” — that is, madly in love with a man who routinely abused her and threatened her life. Steiner tells the dark story of her relationship, correcting misconceptions many people hold about victims of domestic violence, and explaining how we can all help break the silence.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1yW5IsnSjo&feature=youtu.be
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.